A cookie is a small piece of data that a website asks your browser to store on your computer or
mobile device. The cookie allows the website to “remember” your actions or preferences over
off our website.
A cookie can be classified by its lifespan and the domain to which it belongs. By lifespan, a
cookie is either a:
- Session cookie which is erased when the user closes the browser or
- Persistent cookie which remains on the user's computer/device for a pre-defined period
As for the domain to which it belongs, there are either:
- First-party cookies which are set by the web server of the visited page and share the
- Third-party cookies stored by a different domain to the visited page's domain. This can
- Identify users
- Remember users' custom preferences
- Help users complete tasks without having to reenter information when browsing from one
page to another or when visiting the site later.
Cookies can also be used for online behavioral target advertising and to show adverts relevant to
something that the user searched for in the past.
Most browsers support cookies, but users can set their browsers to decline them or to indicate
when a cookie is sent. However, some functions of our Software & Services may not function
properly if your cookies are disabled. If you block or otherwise reject our cookies we cannot
provide you with our service. By clicking “OK” or by clicking into any content on this site, you
agree to allow cookies to be placed.